How to qualify?
Coins For Kids has partnered with civic organizations throughout Washington County to identify families in need. In order to ensure that the maximum number of children possible receive assistance the following qualification/application process is necessary.
Applicants must have the following to qualify for assistance:
- A written and signed referral letter from the school counselors where the children attend, your clergy leader, or from any of the participating social service agencies list of Qualifying Organizations.
- All of the required documentation listed below
- If you have received gifts for 3 years or more out of the last ten years, you will not be qualified to receive help from KONY Coins for Kids this year. If you need assistance, we recommend you register on line with Toys for Tots. https://www.toysfortots.org/
Applicants must have the following to apply for assistance:
1. Photo ID and proof of residency in Washington County. If the ID does not show your current address, you will need to show proof of residency such as a Utility Bill, Insurance Bill, or Bank Statement.
2. Children’s Birth Certificates of each child showing linkage to parents.
3. Court Documents if child is in the custody of someone other than a parent.
4. Letter from referring organization.
No Applications will be taken after November 10, 2021.
This year (2021) parents will apply for assistance online on this website between October 25th and November 10th , 2021.
Applications will then be reviewed and are subject to denial depending on the standard requirements (such as the limit on the number of times assistance can be granted).
Once your application has been approved for processing, we will contact the families to review the required documents:
Birth Certificates of the children
Proof of residence in the county will be required as well
These interviews will be held between November 15-17, 2021. Once a family has been approved, then they will be assigned a time to shop for their own children.
Shopping will take place (overseen by the CFK board) at the Washington Wal-Mart on Dec. 14th and 15th .