Who is Coins for Kids?
Coins for Kids is a 501(c)3 non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to the goal of providing Christmas for disadvantaged children in the Washington County area of Southern Utah.
100% of all funds raised are used for this purpose. There are no administrative costs or paid staff, everyone working with Coins for Kids is a volunteer.
In 2020 we registered 1632 children in 544 families. 191 of these families were then adopted by other organizations and families (our largest adoption number ever!!)
Even though 2020 proved to be one of the most challenging years due to the pandemic, Coins for Kids organization actually provided Christmas to 975 children in 353 families!
Coins for Kids also encourages individuals and businesses to “adopt” one of our families and shop, wrap and deliver the gifts themselves. This is one of the greatest ways to experience the true meaning of Christmas; that of “giving”. Every year we have numerous “elves” call us back to thank us for giving them the opportunity to experience the true meaning of Christmas for the first time in their lives.
There are lots of ways that you can help us make Christmas special for our area’s “at risk” children: Make a donation of cash or new, unwrapped toys; drop your change in one of the many “Coins for Kids” boxes located throughout the County beginning November 1st; adopt a family, volunteer to shop and wrap the presents to the children; sponsor an Angel tree in your place of work; have a toy drive; instead of exchanging gifts at your upcoming Christmas party, donate that amount of money to Coins for Kids.
All donations are completely tax deductible. The money that is raised for this effort comes directly from the community in the form of individual donations as well as corporate donations.
Please join with us this year in experiencing the true Joy of the Christmas Spirit.
How to qualify?
To participate in KONY COINS FOR KIDS program, all parents/guardians seeking assistance must fill out an online application between October 15th and November 15th, 2022. Failure to apply will result in not being qualified for assistance this year.
Applications will be pre-screened and families that are not eligible will be notified.
If you have received assistance from KONY Coins for Kids three or more times in the last 10 years, you will not be eligible for assistance this year. If you do not qualify for Coins for Kids, and you need assistance, we recommend you register on-line with Toys for Tots.
Coins for Kids assistance is for children 2-17 years of age.
18 year old children residing in the same home may apply if they are still attending high school.
Infants under 2 year old may apply IF there are other children in the family between 2-17 years of age.
In other words, an application with only ONE child that is under 2 years of age will be denied and referred to Toys for Tots.
Coins For Kids has partnered with civic organizations throughout Washington County to identify families in need
Applicants must have the following to qualify for assistance:
- A written and signed referral letter from the school counselors where the children attend, your clergy leader, or from any of the participating social service agencies list of Qualifying Organizations.
- All of the required documentation listed below
- If you have received gifts for 3 years or more out of the last ten years, you will not be qualified to receive help from KONY Coins for Kids this year. If you need assistance, we recommend you register on line with Toys for Tots. https://www.toysfortots.org/
Applicants must have the following to apply for assistance:
1. Photo ID and proof of residency in Washington County. If the ID does not show your current address, you will need to show proof of residency such as a Utility Bill, Insurance Bill, or Bank Statement.
2. Children’s Birth Certificates of each child showing linkage to parents.
3. Court Documents if child is in the custody of someone other than a parent.
4. Letter from referring organization.
No Applications will be taken after November 15, 2022.
This year (2022) parents will apply for assistance online on this website between October 15th and November 15th , 2022.
Applications will then be reviewed and are subject to denial depending on the standard requirements (such as the limit on the number of times assistance can be granted). You will be notified if you do not qualify to participate in the Coins for Kids program this year. If you are ineligible, and you need assistance, we recommend you register on-line with Toys for Tots.
Once your application has been approved for processing, we will contact the families to review the required documents:
Birth Certificates of the children
Proof of residence in the county will be required as well
If you are eligible for this year, you are required to come to the Washington County School District building to have your documentation verified.
We will be verifying documentation for all applicants between 9 am and 7 pm on one of the following days:
Monday, November 14th
Wednesday, November 16th
Friday, November 18th
Failure to bring your documentation for review will disqualify you from receiving assistance from Coins for Kids this year.
The following documentation is required:
1. A written and signed referral letter from the school counselors where the children attend, your clergy leader, or from any of the participating social service agencies. For a full list of qualifying organizations, please visit our website at www.coinsforkids.net.
2. Photo ID and proof of residency in Washington County. If the ID does not show your current address, you will need to show proof of residency such as a Utility Bill, Insurance Bill, or Bank Statement.
3. Children’s Birth Certificates of each child showing linkage to parents. Or court documents if child is in the custody of someone other than a parent.
Upon Approval, applicants will receive additional instructions regarding adoption and shopping.
If you have already received assistance from KONY Coins for Kids three times in the last 10 years, then you are no longer eligible to apply for assistance.
NO APPLICATIONS CAN BE TAKEN AFTER Nov 15, 2022!
Thank You Volunteers!
Coins For Kids would not be the successful organization it is without all of the wonderful volunteers! Your selflessness and tireless hours of service you render embody the true spirit of the season.
This year, 2022, the ability to volunteer is back!
This year’s KONY COINS FOR KIDS will need hundreds of volunteers. Rally your friends and family and see how you can make this Christmas a little bit more enjoyable for members of the community.
2022 Volunteer Opportunities include:
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Sign up and volunteer for other KONY Coins for Kids opportunities at www.justserve.org
Kony Coins For Kids would like to take this time to publicly thank all of the amazing sponsors, whose generous donations make this program possible.
From the shoppers dropping change from your purchases into the iconic red KCFK boxes in the stores, to the corporations matching donations, THANK YOU!
We would like you to express your thanks to our public partners below. Without them we could not bring a little joy to the lives of so many children in our community.